Relocating to Beacon Hill
Considering a move to Seattle? Discover Beacon Hill
The Beacon Hill neighborhood is located in southeast Seattle, Washington. It is a hill and neighborhood situated between I-5 on the west, Ranier Avenue South, Cheasty Boulevard South and Martin Luther King Junior Way South on the east, Interstate 90 on the north and the Seattle city boundary on the south. It is a very diverse neighborhood.
Jefferson Park is a 52.4-acre public park and golf course on Beacon Hill. It includes Jefferson Park Golf Course, Jefferson Community Center and Jefferson Lawn Bowling. It is also a great place for hiking, tennis, and kid-friendly playground equipment.
Beacon Hill housed a U.S. Marine Hospital, later called Pacific Medical Center, which was built in the 1930s.
Beacon Hill views
One of the many reasons Beacon Hill is loved by its residents is the beautiful views from the hill. On a clear day, residents can see downtown Seattle, Mount Ranier, Elliot Bay, and the Olympic Mountains.
With homes built in the early 1900s, the northern part of the hill offers a piece of history, including Craftsman-style bungalows, Seattle box houses, and a Foursquare style. Newer homes and subdivisions have been developed on the southern side.
The Beacon Hill Real Estate Market
There are 18,295 residents in North Beacon Hill and the majority of people rent their homes. Homes typically range from $400K to over $2 million with an average rent of around $1500. (at the time of this post) There is a wide variety of homes offered for sale, including townhomes and condominiums, as well as single-family homes.
Excellent Public Schools
Beacon Hill students attend these highly-rated public schools.
- Garfield High School is rated #17 for best public high schools in Washington.
- Washington Middle School is rated #57 for best public middle schools in Washington.
- Cascadia Elementary School is rated #79 for best public elementary schools in Washington.
- Thurgood Elementary School is rated #122 for best public elementary schools in Washington.
- Thornton Creek School serves students from Pre-K through 5th grade and is rated #130 for best public elementary schools in Washington.
The source of this rating information is Niche. Their ratings include the schools' teacher rating, academics rating and diversity rating.
Local Employment Opportunities
- Boeing: The world's largest aerospace company, specializing in building and selling airplanes, rockets, satellites, and telecommunications equipment.
- Microsoft: This worldwide technology corporation produces computer software, electronics, personal computers and other various services.
- Starbucks: This world-renowned coffee retailer is known for their quality coffee beans, coffee houses, and specialty drinks.
- Amazon: The technology giant is a multi-national company focusing on e-commerce, digital streaming, cloud storage and artificial intelligence.
- Nordstrom: This fashion retailer sells clothes, shoes and accessories online and in nearly 350 Nordstom and Nordstrom Rack retail stores.
For more information about your Seattle home search, see listings on www.MySeattleHomeSearch.com.